twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

TWC: Any comments on the charter?

MicA@halmarax.demon.co.uk
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 21:37:35 +0100

From: MicA@halmarax.demon.co.uk
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
Subject: TWC: Any comments on the charter?
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 21:37:35 +0100

I hope the charter sent to you earlier describes the initial purpose
of this list clearly.

Today, just prior to my sending news of the list's existence to
NEW-LIST ANNOUNCE there are 23 people subscribed to TWC-L.

I don't know what the usual course of development is for mailing lists.
I'm finding it remarkable that several suscribers have written to me directly
saying how much they are looking forward to participating in this type of
discussion, whilst some others, who were approached as potential subscribers,
quickly returned messages expressing abhorrence and distaste for the whole
concept as they understand it.

Maybe we could discuss our thoughts on the purpose and significance of
this list, as defined so far, just to get things rolling?

Regards,

--
MicA