twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: TWC: Any comments on the charter?

Brian Sandle (bsandle@southern.co.nz)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:00:12

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:00:12
From: Brian Sandle <bsandle@southern.co.nz>
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: TWC: Any comments on the charter?

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Vashti wrote:

[...]
> Hmm...well we live in a world full of people who have no idea of
anything
> other than the physical world. I am amazed at the number of people who do
> not give a second thought to anything spiritual or supernatural or
> invisible. And yet we are, essentially...invisible in our TRUE essence.
> >
> >Maybe we could discuss our thoughts on the purpose and significance of
> >this list, as defined so far, just to get things rolling?
>
> Let me introduce myself (can you guess my name...sorry...Rolling Stones
> buzzing in my head now) first...I am 39, female, a Master Herbalist, and a
> believer in the use of the substances of the planet for our good, whether
> this is mental, physical or spiritual. It matters not, at least to me, your
> intention, as I am not here to judge what is good and right for you. I am
> an RN with a Masters Degree (My Masters is in Public Health)
[...]

I'm not quite sure why I've been invited on this list. Most of you may
know me from my posts to talk.euthanasia.

My mother's `substance' was music. In that you find some people do not
understand your spiritual delights, you may not have understood hers.

When she was given a psychotropic drug in hospital - scopalamine patch, I
believe, for nausea which she did not have, it was most terribly
distressing having her seeing mice in the flower pots. It was the gravest
obscenity doing that to her at that stage of her life.

How can a sense of humour mentioned by the introducer of the list be any
other than a terrible insult.

Brian Sandle

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song