twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: Legal problems with access

Chris Whitehouse (chrisw@venus.co.uk)
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 00:59:59 +0100

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 00:59:59 +0100
From: Chris Whitehouse <chrisw@venus.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Legal problems with access

Tony wrote:

> How I would go about dropping Amanita Muscaria into it's shopping bag
> is a minor problem though, compared with attaching the catheter.

I think reindeer are rather partial to A muscaria & will happily forage
for it... then it's just a matter of scooping up the snow where they
urinate... obviously a seasonal activity :)

> By the way, how did the Siberians come to realise that drinking each
> others urine was such a fun recreational activity in the first place?

Probably by watching the reindeer gobble up the urine soaked snow of
the Siberians when they relieved themselves - no doubt attracted by
the distinctive smell.

> It would be more suitable in the long term to change the laws than
> break them.

I suspect the nature of entheogens is such that their tendancy to
undermine hierarchical power structures may result in their being
incompatible with any established social structure which relies on
a codified system of law as the ultimate authority. In other words,
I don't think the rules are gonna change within my lifetime.

And a few more thoughts:

Am I wrong in assuming that everyone on the mailing list accepts
without reservation that psychedelic drugs are sacraments, and
that even should they not always succeed in providing mystical
experiences, they invariably produce visionary ones (using Aldous
Huxley's definitions of the terms "mystical" and "visionary")?

Given the casual attitude that enables people to wipe out thousands of
insects with a few squirts of insecticide, or destroy millions of
organisms with the testing of a new bomb, it is strange the value we
put on our own lives, as if somehow they are of more importance...

What I would like to know is whether anyone has taken psychedelics with
someone who was dying... Not that I'm suggesting, condoning or advocating
it; but if they had anything they wanted to say about the experience, I'd
be very interested to listen to it; though maybe some things are best left
unsaid - if only because words themselves can become confusing when trying
to describe the undescribable.

In the meantime, how pleasing to have recent contributions from
previously unseen subscribers... hello anthony, Lee, Joe, & Kevin :)

weed

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song