twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: Comments on TWC-L

Kevin Jones (100621.17@CompuServe.COM)
18 Jul 96 16:20:08 EDT

Date: 18 Jul 96 16:20:08 EDT
From: Kevin Jones <100621.17@CompuServe.COM>
To: Subscribers to the maili <TWC-L@HALMARAX.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject: Re: Comments on TWC-L

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

>From: INTERNET:agno429@acs.bu.edu, INTERNET:agno429@acs.bu.edu
>TO: Kevin Jones, 100621,17
>DATE: 17/07/96 02:02

>RE: Re: Comments on TWC-L

> Dear Anthony,
>
> > i wouldn't be so bold as to speak up.
> I would.

i wouldn't know what to say.

[...]

> >i say that a person doesn't need hallucinations in order to find
> > the new eyes of epiphany. -- that is my 'anything else.'
>
> No they don't - if they are are on the path anyway. 99% of the population isn't
> in the same ballpark! That has to be borne in mind. I'm looking at it from the
> practicality of a healer - you could be dealing with anybody. I might have to
> help a complete stranger die - he might be 17, have gone out that night for a
> piss-up with his friends and got knifed. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen
> someone die on the streets. Sod specific ideas like hallucinogens - I'm open to
> anything that will help me help anyone from a terminal cancer sufferer to
> someone bleeding their life away in the High Street. That's what I have to face.
> And I don't give a shit if I have to use Craft to do it!

a song. sung to the dying.
maybe, if i were to die in a minute. to hear "amazing grace" would
be awe-ing. a person may be able to work their 'craft with song.

amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch, like me.
i once, was lost, but now, i'm found,
was blind, but now, i see.

i respect baptist choirs in that respect. hymns are beautiful when
the people singing have jesus in their hearts.

call me a believer. in music.

i don't mean that music is Thee solution for the terminally ill.
it's a personal appreciation i have.

> Been there, seen it, done it, got the tee-shirt. It's what being a healer is
> about. Patching things up for people - bodies, minds, lives. Stopping dreams
> from dying, giving a bit of hope and making things easier. It doesn't stop at
> the purely medical - and Christ do you run across some things!

a difficult path.
may you walk with a sure step.
'love in action' is a beautiful way to live.

take care and fare well.

anthony.

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song