twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Creating the Death Rite (was Hypnotists and Holy Persons)

Kevin Jones (100621.17@CompuServe.COM)
28 Jul 96 08:45:19 EDT

Date: 28 Jul 96 08:45:19 EDT
From: Kevin Jones <100621.17@CompuServe.COM>
To: Subscribers to the maili <TWC-L@HALMARAX.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject: Creating the Death Rite (was Hypnotists and Holy Persons)

Boboroshi said:

>administered with a lethal injection of something
> which does NOT disrupt consciousness but brings on death-sleep.
> alternatively warm bath and blooding in a ritual sacrifice.

This then brings in other issues to address re: euthanasia. I have little
problem with this in cases of serious, unassuageable pain that accompanies some
terminal illnesses (eg: cancer). Additionally some cancers can cause partial or
complete paralysis depending on where the original tumour is and where
secondaries appear. My friend has decided that she'd prefer to take death into
her own hands and have someone help her if things went that way with her. We've
had a simple discussion of it - probably the best suggestion we have for a
lethal agent is Wolfsbane. It's skin absorbed, active in very low doses (toxic
dose aconitine: 4 mg; 1 leaf is 20-30 doses), causes a massive drop in blood
pressure and rise in heart rate and heart attack. Its not a toxin that forensics
would look for as a rule. An inconvenience is that the limb where absorbtion has
take place is numbed at the site of absorbtion and tingles up the nerve to the
shoulder. Then again, see the method in para three, which is a much better idea.

Plato's account of the death of Socrates might well sound peaceful enough but
Hemlock can, in many cases, cause convulsions. While it is possible that it
might proceed like Plato's account, it's only true of less than 50% of cases.

Of course the simplest method is mild, massage-level pressure and movement on
the carotid and jugular. This causes partial, not complete closure of the blood
supply to the brain. The subject feels fairly relaxed - unconsciousness comes
extremely rapidly (within maybe 1 second after 20-30 seconds of pressure,
depending on the degree of pressure). Continung for another minute or two causes
death - that's in a healthy person. Its advantage is that there is no tissue
damage for forensics to find, nor toxins. It's an old ninjutsu assasination
technique largely used by kunoichi while in bed with the target - usually as
part of foreplay. If you try it for practice nearly to the point of
unconsciousness you'll wind up getting a splitting headache.

Just a few ideas from the Jones bumper fun book!

Whilst lying in a hot bath and opening your veins down their length is the best
method of cutting your wrists, I can forsee a few problems when the ex-patient
is found lying in pools of blood. Anything that smacks of a ritual setting under
these circumstances would be likely to have the assembled might of Fleet Street
baying over hill and dale, not to mention legions of Plod sniffing around and
asking pointed questions!

Anyway, I for one am not into human sacrifice, consensual or other. I don't mind
helping someone to die well and I have no objection to killing someone to
preserve my life or someone elses but sacrifice I draw the line at. OK, so I
know it's been done in the past (god knows how many centuries ago) in religions
like wicca (eg: the Barley Dream) and that there are still elements of, by now,
symbolic death in the rituals of traditional wiccan groups I personally know but
I don't think you'll find too many pagans happy with the idea.

No, before anyone asks, I'm not a wiccan. Just got some friends amongst them,
including traditional family groups. I follow a slightly different path.

> there is a serious degredation as regards the notion
>of death in all parts of the world.

There's a serious degradation of most traditional views around the world.

> but I'm a peculiar one, opting not only for
>consensual human sacrifices but also consensual necrophilic frenzies.

Nerophilia is dead boring! I prefer my lovers to move about a bit (OK, a lot!)
and contribute something to the occasion. Enjoying a post-coital cigarette
together is also a pleasure. Anyway, the dead aren't exactly known for their
prowess at oral sex! They're not great conversationalists either! And you can't
take your lover out for a drink or a meal - well you can but you'd get funny
looks! You'd spend a fortune on cosmetics with a long-term girlfriend as well!!
<grin>

It's even worse if the living partner is female unless she has a bicycle pump!

Of course, I can see advantages. You'd never have rows over who left the
bathroom untidy. Buying stuff for one is cheaper and you'd have more time to
enjoy lying around the house together. ;-)

Kevin

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song