twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: Book of Wisdom

Vashti (vashti@theshop.net)
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 21:53:40 -0600

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 21:53:40 -0600
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
From: Vashti <vashti@theshop.net>
Subject: Re: Book of Wisdom

At 08:21 PM 7/28/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> I have not used hallucinogens since 1973, I think. But I am with you.
>> (and in the book of Wisdom it says : "There is no bad drug" ahem...
>> on and on I go...
>At the risk of sounding stupid, I must ask...what is 'The Book of
>Wisdom'?

It is an "apocryphal" book of the Bible, (the main book of the christian
faith, if you are unaware) that was expurgated by the puritans in the
1600's. Personally, it is one of my favorite books of the bible. It speaks
a lot about the use of creation to heal, and the uses of herbs, etc...

guess the puritans kinda didn't like it since a lot of it sounded like
"witchcraft".

peace
vash

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song