twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

re: The Only Revolution

Brian Sandle (bsandle@southern.co.nz)
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 00:24:05 +1200 (NZST)

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 00:24:05 +1200 (NZST)
From: Brian Sandle <bsandle@southern.co.nz>
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
Subject: re: The Only Revolution

On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Kevin Jones wrote:

> Takashi Miki wrote:
>
> >And I am proud of being a member of this community.
> >Yes, I just want to say hello to all from Japan:)
>
> Arigato Takashi san.
>
> Chris Whitehouse wrote:
>
> >I take it u didn't take part in the sit-in on the M25 a couple of weeks ago,
> >when several thousand people did just that!
>
> Didn't even hear of it - which since I work for the DoT shows how up-to-date we
> are!
>
> >Though I take yr point :)
>
> Knowing my luck I'd get away with it - but I'd be a bit concerned about all
> those drivers swerving to avoid me! :-)
>
> >(On reflection, I think the reponses of Tony & Kevin to Brian's post were
> >perhaps more honest and to the point.)
>
> Aw! Shucks! <blush!>

He was not suggesting?!

I have had people sitting on the road outside my house around midnight. I
think one girl was trying to get a lift perhaps? But I'm not quite sure
what type. You've no idea the sorts of dances the dogs and cats do around
here after impact. One driver went to help one whose back legs had
frozen, but ass he approached they came back to life and he got badly bitten.
I took one girl by the arm and gently led her off the road. She agreed to
have a taxi but was gone after I rang. She wasn't swaying like a drunk,
but rather light to the touch.

> I just call them as I see them. I might occasionally come across as a tad
> arrogant but I'm always open to persuasion. Then again, arrogance is not always
> a fault! :-)
>
> I guess my major fault is that while I'm fairly long on patience, I don't
> tolerate buffoons that well! :-)

Do you think natural selection will remove them? We don't find so many
dead birds on the road as we did after cars took over from horses.

I understand suicide has dropped in Japan. But New Zealand is nearly
highest in the world for youth suicide - 25% of youth death since drugs
and consequent unemployment have come in here.

> Kevin

Brian

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song