twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: archive

Tony Halmarack (Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 07:48:17 +0100

To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
From: Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk (Tony Halmarack)
Subject: Re: archive
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 07:48:17 +0100

In message <19960808.072410.55@halmarax.demon.co.uk> weed wrote:

> Do we have an archive set up yet for info/refs on TWC's raison d'etre?
> ie journal articles & books, as well as net links & URLs etc
>
> weed <chrisw@venus.co.uk> <http://www.venus.co.uk/~chrisw>

No subscriber accessible archive yet. The Mail -list software I
use doesn't offer this feature. Perhaps I could set up some kind of FTP
by mail system. Search facilities would be important in this process
and that seems a bit more complicated. Maybe some investigation
will reveal a way.

One way to overcome the problem would be to transfer the list to
a Listserv or Majordomo site but I think the list would need to
have a more substantial subscriber base before this was a
realistic option. I could be mistaken.

The features you've described would be very useful and I'll do
what I can to provide them. Any help or advice on achieving this
would be appreciated. Please don't hesitate in sending your
suggestion for improvement, paticularly if it includes some ideas
on how to bring it off.

Best wishes,

--
Tony Halmarack =(*)= Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk