twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: Comments on TWC-L

Anexia (neocon@ix.netcom.com)
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 18:59:44

Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 18:59:44
From: Anexia <neocon@ix.netcom.com>
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Comments on TWC-L

Brian Sandle wrote:

> Then you must surely direct your ire at this writer, who was the one I
> meant to quote. He is suggesting early drug taking as a prep.

I meant to imply nothing of the sort. Where did I suggest taking drugs
early as a prep for death? I suggested illuminating, for the readers,
the reasons Huxley and Leary used hallucinogens at the time of their
death. I don't understand how you infered what you did. The "juncture
of spiritual growth" that I was talking about was the moment of
death...when we move to the next stage of existance. I think that you
misunderstood something that I said. Here is what I wrote:

>Yeah, that's a good idea. I did not get a letter outlining the
> "mission" of the list. Is it purely informational, is it activist, etc?
> Let me know what your main goal is and I'll discuss it with you. All I
> know is that I'm interested in the subject. I guess you just have to
> start somewhere and let the thing grow like a living organism. Maybe a
> good way to start is by informing people about Huxley's, Leary's, etc.
> beliefs about the psychedelic experience, their experiences with dying,
> and their motivation for taking hallucinogens at that crucial juncture of
> spiritual growth.
Now why do I deserve "ire" for wanting to edjucate someone about someone
else's life?

--
"Nothing is true, all is permitted"
                    Hassan i Sabbah