twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

re: archive

Kevin Jones (100621.17@compuserve.com)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 19:04:30 +0000

From: Kevin Jones <100621.17@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 19:04:30 +0000
Subject: re: archive

vashti said:

>that is probably more than you wanted to know...8)

No, it's exactly right. Thanks Vashti! Which herbs were you using?

>I began to get a lot stronger physically, the more I concentrated on the
>molecules of anything I ingested changing and becoming "cancer fighters" for
>my body. I also meditated a great deal on the cancer and visualized it
>getting smaller.

I recall something similar being used, with a high degree of success, in a
cancer clinic in the late 70's. The clinic had to close, despite a high success
rate, as no more funding was forthcoming. The conventional medical establishment
of the period knew that neither visualisation or emotions would have any effect
on the immune system or on a cancer...It is ironic that there is now a new
branch of medical discipline that studies and applies exactly those phenomenon -
I think they call it the wonderful name of psychoneuroendocroimmunology - try
saying that when pissed! Even more ironically, you often find such techniques in
primitive societies.

There was a British surgeon in the 19th century who had an exceptional success
rate, even by modern medical standards, in treating breast cancer by hypnosis.
19th century cases were often considerably worse than anything seen today, if
only due to modern surgical and therapeutic techniques. In some cases the tumour
had reached the skin, leaving a raw, open sore. Basically he would hypnotise the
patient into believing that their body would overcome the illness and heal. You
could say that he damn near brainwashed them into being absolutely certain.
Well, they didn't have much other choice except dying. The cases were beyond the
surgical techniques of the period.

His colleagues (ie: the rest of the medical profession) thought his methods were
far too unconventional; however, he was too eminent a surgeon for them to do
anything more than grumble. His work was deliberately buried after he died and
the medical profession in this country, by mutual consent, ignored his findings
and forgot his work because it was obviously rubbish - after all, everyone knows
that the mind can't affect the body don't they. I found out about his research
by accident when researching my book on herbs.

I've have suggested to a friend using similar things. Mind you, she doesn't
reckon she's got the energy to concentrate. She doesn't like the idea of
hypnosis.

The idea on the garden is brilliant.

Best wishes

Kevin Jones

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song