twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

One possible approach to TWC viability

Tony Halmarack (Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 08:53:39 +0100

To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
From: Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk (Tony Halmarack)
Subject: One possible approach to TWC viability
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 1996 08:53:39 +0100

In message <31D5C191.3A44@ix.netcom.com> Anexia wrote:

> here in the US we are still struggling to get marijuana
> legalized for AIDS patients (to enhance appetite, facilitate weight gain,
> etc.). Getting LSD (or mescaline, ibogaine, psilocybin, etc) legalized
> for the dying seems almost impossible. However, starting petitions never
> hurts.

Petition and other lobbying procedures are useful ways of bringing
about change. They should be put into operation as quickly as possible.
Can anyone on the list offer any advice on the practicality of these
approaches?

Meanwhile, it may be worth considering some less formal alternatives
that would allow us to proceed effectively with TWC aims. For instance,
what would be the legal and logistical implications of the following:

One terminally ill or dying TWC member invites others to a weekend
gathering at their home. These individuals avail themselves of the
appropriate hallucinogens in anticipation of the event and take on the
responsibility of self administration, perhaps in time capsule form,
prior to arrival. Guides also attend, in the role role of spiritual
and psychological advisers. Bands, light shows, jugglers and acrobats
could be optional extras.

Please advise,

--
Tony Halmarack =(*)= Tony@halmarax.demon.co.uk